On 2020, on the day of the 120th anniversary of the foundation of Palermo, the new Palermo Museum is born, located inside Renzo Barbera stadium: a journey to the rosanero history, through t-shirts, relics, memorabilia, pictures, newspaper articles, audiovisual material, works of art, high tech interactive experiences, and much more.
A thorough selection of all the proposals, at the hands of the journalist, historian, and scientific coordinator of the museum, Giovanni Tarantino, has allowed to give birth to a themed journey through all the sides of the fans and the history of the rosanero colors, next to interactive installations and experiences, according to the general architectonic project of Mazzarella Studio.
At the Museum there is also a special area dedicated to the rosanero Hall of Fame: a selection of the 11 players + coach declared most representative for the Palermo history through an open poll to all the fans, with more than 6000 votes registered in the summer of 2020.
Opening hours Palermo Museum:
– Thursday 17.00-18.00 and 18.00-19.00
– Friday 17.00-18.00 and 18.00-19.00
– Closed on public holidays and competition days
Gli orari e i giorni di apertura potrebbero subire variazioni a seconda degli anticipi e dei posticipi delle gare di campionato. In caso di partita casalinga il venerdì, sarà attivata una data di apertura del museo il mercoledì.
The ticket comes with a guided tour of around 45 minutes.
– Full prize: €7 – Discounts (under 14/over 65): €5
– Free for under 6, people with disabilities, and previously validated journalists (see museum regulations).
Il biglietto online dà garanzia di disponibilità della visita nel giorno e orario scelti e prevede €1 di commissioni Vivaticket.
SUL NOSTRO PETTO LA NOSTRA STORIA
Scorri per scoprire com’è cambiato il nostro stemma nel corso degli anni
A blue-and-white shield with a diagonal band inside which beared the inscription “Palermo Fbc”. Below, an enigmatic caption: «Established in 1898». The logo design was conceived in 1920 by the president of the time, Valentino Colombo. White and blue were the colors of Racing Fbc.
It was Colombo himself who in 1921 changed the colors of the crest, from white and blue to pink and black – the color of the Palermo jersey since 1907 – while maintaining the same structure of the logo, which is always the two-tone shield with the wording Palermo Fbc and the inscription «Established in 1898».
In July 1929 Palermo had changed president, with Baron Luigi Bordonaro di Gebbiarossa at the top, who entrusted Giuseppe Rizzo, a futurist painter from Corleone in great esteem at the time, with the creation of the new brand, a pink and black rhombus with a stylized ball.
On the occasion of the first season in Serie A in the history of Palermo, the two-tone rosanero shield of the early days returned, with a significant addition. The golden eagle, the municipal emblem of the city of Palermo since the time of William I, made its appearance for the first time.
It was the moment for the crowned eagle. This brand was desired by Baron Stefano La Motta, who was not even thirty when he took over the presidency of Palermo. Conceived after the fall of fascism, it “lowers” its wings with respect to the previous one and rests on a base inside which the initials SPQP are inscribed.
One of the most successful symbols, created at the same time as the Pouchain jersey, had won over the hearts of the fans. It was a stylized black eagle with a pink collar, looking to the right, inscribed in a green rhombus. Official emblem for the team since 1982.
With the re-foundation, inevitably, a new symbol was created for the newborn Unione Sportiva Palermo. Salvino Lagumina opted for the shield. Inside, a stylized white eagle which, compared to all the previous ones, looks to the left. The eagle is inserted in a pink and black diagonal two-tone band.
The Ferrara-Polizzi management duo decided to change again. A trademark was created consisting of an eagle with spread wings, about to take flight, which rested on a shield with pink and black vertical stripes. Below the inscription Us Palermo which completed a pink and black circle.
New logo, due to a new sponsorship agreement with the Municipality of Palermo. The eagle was no longer the one with spread wings, but the municipal effigy. The shield with vertical rosanero stripes on which it rested remained, even if it took on a more elongated shape than the previous one.
It is the symbol with which Zamparini’s Palermo returned to Serie A, it climbed positions in football that counted until it became known in Europe, but which was created by Ferruccio Barbera under the management of Sensi and D’Antoni. It was a golden eagle depicted in profile while landing.